Saturday 17 October 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation Review

Is this foundation really magic? - The answer is yes yes yes and yes!

For the past year since I discovered the wonders of Charlotte Tilbury I have been nothing but impressed with the quality of her products. I was already the proud owner of many of her products, however when an email came into my inbox this August announcing the release of her Magic Foundation I was super excited and could not wait to get my mitts on it!  

When I finally did I immediately fell in love. It promised "full coverage foundation that morphs to your face in a weightless texture, for a perfect looking second skin that lasts all day." And personally having owned and used this foundation for over a month now I have to say that I completely agree, it gives me the "flawless second skin" Charlotte herself promises on her website. It applies so easily, and almost melts into my skin. For me, half a pump goes a long way if you blend it out properly. I apply the foundation with either my Beauty Blender or if I'm in a rush my Real Techniques stippling brush. It works well with both methods. If I'm in a real rush I wont even bother to put on primer or a concealer, as I feel this product alone gives more than enough coverage for a relaxed day to day look. When dried, it gives a soft, glowy,velvety demi-matte finish, meaning if you don't want to you don't have to powder over the top. It covers up both my blemishes as well as my dark under-eye circles and large pores with ease, amazingly it does this without looking heavy or cakey at all. In addition despite containing SPF 15 it photographs well, not leaving you with the 'ghost' like effect some SPF products do when confronted with a flashing camera - MAGIC!
Unblended
Blended with hand

The packaging follows the gorgeous art deco theme all Charlotte's products are packaged in and it looks stunning on my dressing table. In addition the range of fifteen shades with this product means it is accessible to people of all races. I had myself colour matched in the London Selfridges branch, and was matched with shade Medium 4.5 which has a lovely yellow tone perfect for my skin. 

The Dream Team

At £29.50 a pop i'd have to say in my humble opinion, if you, like me like a medium to fuller coverage foundation yet want your skin to be able to breathe this is the one! I know everyone says there is no such thing as one product fits all - but honestly i think I've found it here, this one ticks all the boxes! Thank you Charlotte!

Love Katie x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love this blog! It is so informative! I am really excited about this foundation - can't wait to try it! Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! I love this blog! So informative! I love the sound of this foundation - do you think it will be ok on an older, combination skin? I like to use powder too, to hide the shine. Let me know what you think. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

© katie-iona | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig