Wednesday 18 November 2015

The Only Drugstore Foundation You Need

As I previously said in another post I absolutely ADORE my Magic Foundation from Charlotte Tilbury, however, as I am a student, I'm on a budget and sadly as a result can't afford to wear it every day (sob!). As a result I went on the hunt for a cheaper alternative.
I tried out quite a few, but the one I really fell in love with was the much hyped about L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte. This foundation promises long lasting, full coverage with a demi matte finish. Which I have to say I completely agree with. I have worn this foundation pretty much everyday for the last fortnight and it ticks all the boxes for me and my skin type.
I just want to briefly look at the packaging, which I'm a big fan of. L'Oreal has clearly outlined exactly what we can expect from this product making it super easy to identify if this will suit you and your skin type. It is also in a plastic tube making it perfectly portable for handbags.

This foundation is oil free and unscented too, how brilliant? Making it suitable for all skin types and less likely to cause sebum induced breakouts, especially useful for oily teenage skin. 

Even after the first use I was really impressed with the finish of this product, it is matte but definitely not "flat" and the fact it is not fully matte means its isn't at all drying on the skin. It is very buildable, but as is with most foundations, too much of this can lead to that inevitable cakey, mask like finish which isn't a good look on anyone. This product has an impressively high coverage but at the same time feels strangely lightweight on the skin, meaning I only have to conceal very prominent blemishes. Formulation wise it is very creamy, with a gel like consistency making it very easy to work with, blending easily into the skin. 

After a full days wear my skin is still matte however I usually tend wear primer underneath and a small amount of powder around my T zone, so this may have helped with the staying power of the matte effect. Though I can't vouch for it lasting 24 hours because come on, lets be honest, who really wears foundation that long? Not me.
Unblended in shade 12 'Natural Rose'
I have applied this with my fingers, both my Real Techniques stippling and foundation brushes and a beauty blender, each giving me a seamless application. 

Annoyingly as with all products this does have a few slightly less favourable features. I find it has a tendency to sink into some of my larger pores making them more noticeable. Which we all know is not cute. At all. It also clings to drier patches of skin. Yuck. But FEAR NOT these can be easily avoided if you make sure you moisturise and use a decent primer underneath, if done correctly it gives a smooth, flawless, almost airbrushed finish. 

My favourite primers to use with this being Mac Prep and Prime Skin Smoother for nights out. Or alternatively NARS Pore Refining Primer for the day time, an added bonus to the latter is that this too is oil free, perfect for the breakout prone!  
Shade 12 'Natural Rose' Blended with my Real Techniques stippling brush
For £7.99 (for 35ml) I don't think you can really go wrong with this foundation so long as you colour match correctly. You can find it online here. All I can say is believe the hype everyone. Its real.

Have you tried this foundation, if so what did you think?

Love, Katie x
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I really need to discover some cheaper foundations - I've stuck to Chanel for 3 or 4 years now, and I really need to branch out a bit more.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry now i'm just being nosey... I read that you're a student, is that Uni? If so what uni are you at? I'm at Lincoln Uni studying Business and Management!

    Liv xx

    www.livymegs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i use mac and have done for the last 3 years .. i took your advice and have been using this for a week now and i am so pleased with the coverage and feel of the foundation, i prefer it to mac now (and its only been a week)

    Thanks for the advice Katie

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Infallible foundation - I have the L'Oréal True Match and absolutely love it!

    http://ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the sound of it as it is oil free

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely going to give this foundation a try- I have heard so much about it!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've heard a lot about this, i'll have to see if i can find it around here!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete

© katie-iona | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig