Friday 4 December 2015

H&M Eye Shadow Sticks

After seeing the recent hype concerning H&Ms newly revamped beauty section I just KNEW I had to give at least one of their products a try. I thought I'd just try out something small as being a student and it being close to the end of term, I'm sadly running on quite a low budget. Sigh. 
Eventually, after ohhing and ahhing over their vast selection of products for quite a while I decided on two of their Eyeshadow pencils in the shades 'Chantilly' and 'Sun on sand.' 'Chantilly' being a delicate shimmering white , perfect for the inner corners of the eye and 'Sun on sand' a gorgeous golden goddess-like shade, which I thought would be stunning for all over the lid. I went for these as I thought they looked like good dupes for the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencils which I have been dying to try for months. But at only £3.99 each the H&M versions are far more budget friendly. 
When I got them home and tested them out I loved how convenient and easy to use the pencil formulas were. The product itself was fairly creamy and glides onto the skin, however one negative that I found was, thanks to the oily formulation they were a tad sticky and quite hard to blend with a brush, I found fingers worked better as the heat from them helped to melt the product into the skin more. 

Although not the most pigmented shadows in the world, they add a subtle amount of shimmer perfect for a soft daytime eyeshadow look. It took a while to build up the product to my chosen pigmentation, totally frustrating when in a rush. 

Despite promising to be water resistant, by the end of a day at uni they had rubbed off quite a bit, despite my using a primer underneath. (see below pictures)

At £3.99 I'm in two minds about this product, on one hand they're a buttery, easy to apply to the eyelid (all you have to do is scribble) but on the other hand I found blending and building the colour up to be a bit tedious. 

They're a fun experimental product- having never tried out pencil eyeshadows, they're also inexpensive so you don't really need too much extra cash on hand. Especially perfect for beginners and people who aren't very confident with eyeshadow, those who just want a nice all over colour on the lid, as well as those who have a soft spot for all things shimmery. Available online here.

Have you tried any of the new H&M makeup products, if so what did you think?

Love Katie x

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. i really need to pick up some H&M beauty bits - i haven't tried any of it yet!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try, can't wait to try more of their products, the blushers looked so gorgeous! X

      Delete
  2. These look lovely. £3.99 sounds like a bargain x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I feel about these - I've always wanted to give eyeshadow sticks a try because it sounds so easy, but then again I actually can't remember the last time I wore a single colour on my eyelids...

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous makeup look! It really suits you :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any of them yet! They look like they are worth a try, though, especially since they are so budget friendly. I know what it's like to be a student and to start tightening up the budget! I also nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That white one reminds me of the nyx one!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© katie-iona | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig